Today is a historic day! The Supreme Court ruled that same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry. It is great day for same-sex couples and for the United States to finally recognize that all loving, committed couples have an equal right to marry. Same-sex couples and their families will now have the respect that Read more …
Category: Marriage Equality
Today the U.S. Supreme Court made history, recognizing in Obergefell v. Hodges the constitutional right of same-sex couples to marry. NOW chapters and activists who have worked tirelessly for years to achieve this amazing milestone are celebrating with their allies in the LGBTQIA community.
A man standing alone is often assumed to be straight. A man holding the hand of another man is often assumed to be gay. You don’t have to look very hard at our society to realize that it’s obsessed with binaries. You’re either good or bad, a man or a woman, straight or gay. There Read more …
1. Marriage Equality: Obergefell v. Hodges, Tanco v. Haslam, DeBoer v. Snyder, Bourke v. Beshear
2. Pregnancy Discrimination: Young v. United Parcel Service
3. Women’s Access to Health Insurance Coverage: King v. Burwell
4. Domestic Violence and Housing: Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs v. The Inclusive Communities Project, Inc.
5. Marriage Equality Cases That Have Been Decided: Kitchen v. Herbert, and Bishop v. Smith
The Supreme Court will hear a challenge to state bans on same-sex marriage in Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, and Tennessee on April 28 – an historic event for marriage equality advocates and for the nation.