Neil H. Buchanan writes for Verdict, “The simple facts are these:
- Social Security is NOT going bankrupt
- Social Security will continue to exist in perpetuity (unless Republicans succeed in repealing or undermining it)
- Social Security will continue to provide a modest but essential retirement income for all Americans, long after Baby Boomers have met their maker
- The path of the economy will determine the size of future Social Security benefits, and finally
- Any of the alternatives to Social Security would be worse for young people than keeping the current system.