Chapter Website Change Request
Update your chapter description and contact information as displayed on the National NOW website.
Chapter Organizing Manual
This manual provides a comprehensive overview of NOW’s chapter processes, duties and responsibilities.
All your frequently asked questions about membership answered here.
Information about membership dues and sending them to national
Collecting membership dues and recruiting new supporters can be intimidating. To make the process easier we have provided these instructions about collecting dues, sending memberships to National NOW, becoming eligible for rebates and more.
Click on the link above to view and print pre-made membership forms. These are great when you are tabling at an event or just print them out and keep a few on hand.
Chapter Affiliation Transfer Form
Looking to add existing NOW members to your chapter? For small requests, email email@example.com. For transfers of more than 15 people, use the above form.
Merging and Dissolving Chapters
Sometimes chapters merge, sometimes they dissolve. Reference NOW’s policies above and the sample letters below to guide you through this process.
- Sample letter to dissolve a chapter
- Sample letter to merge one chapter into another
- Sample letter to merge two chapters into one chapter
NOW chapters often work with other organizations. Review these coalition guidelines to ensure you are following the NOW policies.
Working Together: State and Local Chapters Webinar
NOW’s state and local chapters have a unique working relationship. Learn more by reviewing this webinar first presented in June, 2012.
Chapter Development and Action
Curious about your chapter’s finances or how to take action? Check out this brief overview of chapter development and action.
NOW events should be accessible to all. When planning meetings and events, reference the above checklist to make sure you are complying with NOW’s accessibility policy.
Policy for Interaction Between Chapters Sharing the Same Geographical Area
Passed by the National NOW Board of Directors, May, 1987. This document guides interactions between chapters in the same geographic area.
Who speaks for NOW?
Unclear about how to deal with press requests? Review the NOW policy on who can speak for NOW.
Branding your NOW chapter
Every NOW chapter has its own personality. Refer to this branding guide to ensure your chapter’s distinct identity is reflected. Please use the below image when designing your chapter’s logo.
Feminist Planning Calendar
Below are some important dates throughout the year for your chapter to organize around.
• January: Anniversary of Roe v. Wade (22nd)
• February: Black History Month
• March: Women’s History Month, International Women’s Day (8th), National Abortion Provider Appreciation Day (10th)
• April: Sexual Assault Awareness Month
• May: Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, Equal Pay Day
• June: National NOW Conference, Anniversary of Title IX (23rd), LGBTQ Pride Month
• July: Begin organizing for Elections
• August: Women’s Equality Day (26th)
• September: National Hispanic Heritage Month, Labor Day
• October: Day of the Girl, Love Your Body Day, National Disability Employment Awareness Month, Domestic Violence Awareness Month
• November: Election Day, Black Friday (28th), Native American Heritage Month
• December: Start planning for next year!