MEDIA ADVISORY April 25, 2023
NOW to Host Feminist State of the Union
Featuring a Conversation with Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton
Thursday, April 27 at 7:00 p.m. – RSVP to Attend
WASHINGTON, D.C. — On Thursday, April 27th, at 7 p.m., the National Organization for Women (NOW) will host the second annual Feminist State of the Union, with special guest Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton. Secretary Clinton will join NOW President Christian F. Nunes for a conversation about the current state of the feminist movement in the United States as we take on new challenges that prevent women from achieving full equality.
The event will feature other changemakers, activists, and political leaders in the women’s movement, continuing necessary conversations about intersectionality and the fight against discriminatory legislative actions that restrict access to abortion, books, and gender-affirming health care.
WHAT: NOW’s Feminist State of the Union
WHEN: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 7 p.m. EDT
WHERE: Livestream, please RSVP to attend
WHO: Speakers include:
- Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton
- Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.)
- Congresswoman Katherine Clark (D-Mass.)
- Christian F. Nunes, president, NOW
- Joseline Garcia, executive director & co-founder, Un-PAC
- Dr. C. Nicole Mason, president of the Institute for Women’s Policy Research
- Margaret Huang, president & CEO, Southern Poverty Law Center
- Janai Nelson, president and director-counsel, NAACP Legal Defense Fund
- Maya Wiley, president & CEO, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
MEDIA RSVP: To receive a link to attend the livestream, please RSVP here.
INTERVIEW REQUESTS: If you have any questions about this event or to arrange an interview with National NOW President Christian F. Nunes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #