July 20, 2021 Media Contact: email@example.com
Speaker Nancy Pelosi to Deliver Keynote at NOW’s 2021 Annual Conference
Inspiring Lineup of Speakers to Discuss “Springing Hope into Action”
July 24-25, July 31-August 1, August 7-8
Washington, D.C. – The National Organization for Women (NOW) is honored to announce that Speaker Nancy Pelosi will give a keynote address to attendees of the 2021 Annual Conference. This history-making feminist trailblazer joins an inspiring lineup of speakers from all walks of life who will highlight the power of grassroots organizing and offer insights on how activists can strengthen democracy and build a feminist future.
Additional speakers who have recently been confirmed to join the conference include Lourdes Rivera, Vice President for U.S. Programs at the Center for Reproductive Rights, Dr. Joia Crear-Perry, Founder & President of the National Birth Equity Collaborative, and Christine Pelosi, Attorney, Author & Advocate.
More speakers will be announced in the coming days. NOW’s annual conference (“Springing Hope into Action: Amplifying NOW’s Intersectional Feminist Agenda”) will span three weekends and include plenary sessions, workshops, and Issue Hearings. Open to NOW members and non-members, the virtual conference is a celebration of fifty-five years of feminist disruption, electing leaders, and making change.
When: Saturday, July 24 and Sunday, July 25;
Saturday, July 31 and Sunday, August 1;
Saturday, August 7, and Sunday, August 8
Where: Virtual event – register here
Who: (* indicates recent addition)
- *Keynote Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Keynote Speaker Sen. Benjamin Cardin (D-Maryland)
- Keynote Speaker Rep. Barbara Lee (D-California), Co-chair of the Congressional Pro-Choice Caucus
- *Keynote Speaker Lourdes Rivera, Vice President for U.S. Programs, Center for Reproductive Rights
- *Dr. Joia Crear-Perry, Founder & President of the National Birth Equity Collaborative
- Dr. Kimberlé Crenshaw, Professor at the UCLA School of Law and Columbia Law School
- Muriel Fox, Co-founder of NOW, Recipient of NOW’s Lifetime Achievement Award
- Christian F. Nunes, President of National NOW
- Julie Suk, Professor at Yale University Law
- Bear Atwood, Vice President of National NOW
- Mara Keisling, Founder & Executive Director of the National Center for Transgender Rights
- Jamie L. Manson, President of Catholics for Choice
- Sonia Pressman Fuentes, Co-founder of NOW and Recipient of Lifetime Achievement Award
- Keynote Speaker Rep. Grace Meng (D-New York)
- Rep. Park Cannon (D-Georgia)
- Hon. Rosemary Ketchum, City Council, Ward 3, West Virginia
- Anjali Mehrotra, President of NOW New Jersey and National NOW Board member
- Heather Booth, Civil Rights Activist and longtime NOW member
- Virginia Kase-Solomon, CEO, League of Women Voters
- Alan Minsky, Executive Director of Progressive Democrats of America
- Professor Penny Venetis, Dickinson R. Debevoise Scholar at Rutgers Law School
- *Christine Pelosi, Attorney, Author & Advocate
- Additional speakers to be announced.
Media: If you are interested in attending or connecting to any of our speakers/panelists, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.