NOW Stands with Sexual Violence Experts and Survivors on Sexual Assault Allegations Against Kavanaugh
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The National Organization for Women (NOW) will join survivors and experts on sexual violence speaking out in support of Professor Christine Blasey Ford regarding her sexual assault allegations against Brett Kavanaugh on Thursday, September 20 at 10:00 AM at the National Press Club. In a show of solidarity, NOW is calling on attendees to wear teal blue in honor of Anita Hill who became a national figure in 1991 when she called out U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas for sexual harassment.
- Toni Van Pelt, President of the National Organization for Women
- Eleanor Smeal, President of the Feminist Majority and Feminist Majority Foundation
- Kim Gandy, Executive Director of National Network to End Domestic Violence
- Indira Henard, Executive Director of DC Rape Crisis Center and representing the National Alliance to End Sexual Violence
- Lisalyn Jacobs J.D., Black Women’s Blueprint and expert on sexual violence
- Kiersten Stewart, Director of Public Policy and Advocacy at Futures Without Violence
- Survivors of sexual violence
- And more experts to be announced.
When: Thursday, September 20, 2018, at 10:00 AM EST
Where: National Press Club, Murrow White and Lisagor (Conference Room), 529 14th St NW, 13th Floor, Washington, DC 20045
NOW President Toni Van Pelt will be available for one-on-one interviews with reporters following the press conference.
Brittany T. Oliver , firstname.lastname@example.org