Join the National Organization for Women for our 2018 Civic Days at the Capitol during the week of April 23rd to April 27th. Please save the dates for the following days:
April 22nd, Sunday: Travel in to DC.
- Book your flight! We have arrangements with New Era Travel, the official travel agency of NOW’s National Action Center. They will be able to assist with booking flights, hotel and airport transport.
April 23rd, Monday: Tour Day
- Join us for tours of the Library of Congress and Smithsonian National Museum of American History.
April 24th, Tuesday: Pre-Lobbying Training Day
- Lobbying and legislation training at NOW’s National Action Center, led by NOW’s Government Relations Director.
- Later on, join us for an informal lunch chat with staffers from the offices of Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Rep. Elijah Cummings about how they spend their day.
- No-host dinner at Haad Thai restaurant.
April 25th, Wednesday: Enough is Enough Summit and Congressional Briefing
- Group photo in front of the Capitol.
- Join NOW and a number of feminist organizations as we provide a briefing to members of Congress and their staff, with experts in the field of sexual harassment and assault in the workplace, and schools discussing possible new solutions.
April 26th, Thursday: Lobby Day
- Meet at the Capitol for breakfast.
- Bring your high spirits and voices to lobby your representatives on Capitol Hill. Please be sure to make appointments to meet with your representatives prior to arriving in DC.
*All events and times are subject to change. NOW is providing Civic Days training and materials at no cost to our members. All food, transportation, rooming and personal charges are the responsibility of the member.