Join the National Organization for Women for our 2018 Civic Days at the Capitol during the week of April 23rd to April 27th. Please save the dates for the following days:
April 22nd, Sunday: Travel in to DC.
- Book your flight! We have arrangements with New Era Travel, the official travel agency of NOW’s National Action Center. They will be able to assist with booking flights, hotel and airport transport.
April 23rd, Monday: Tour Day
- Join us for tours of historic Washington, DC.
April 24th, Tuesday: Pre-Lobbying Training Day
- Training at the National Action Center for legislation and lobbying, led by Jan Erickson and Pat Reuss.
- Later on, join us for an informal lunch chat with congressional staffers about how they spend their day.
- No-host dinner at Haad Thai restaurant.
April 25th, Wednesday: Enough is Enough Summit
- Group photo in front of the Capitol.
- Join NOW and a number of feminist organizations as we provide a briefing to members of Congress and their staff, with experts in the field of sexual harassment and assault in the workplace, and schools discussing possible new solutions.
April 26th, Thursday: Lobby Day
- Meet at the Capitol for breakfast.
- Bring your high spirits and voices to lobby your representatives on Capitol Hill. Please be sure to make appointments to meet with your representatives prior to arriving in DC.
April 27th, Friday: Emerge America Training and Final Tour Option
- Visit the Belmont-Paul Women’s Equality National Monument historic house and museum.
- Emerge America training for those with a high interest in running for public office or working on a campaign.
*All events and times are subject to change. NOW is providing Civic Days training and materials at no cost to our members. All food, transportation, rooming and personal charges are the responsibility of the member.