By Aurea Bolaños Perea, President’s Assistant Intern
For these holiday season, NOW, and especially me, want to give you some ideas to what get your badass feminist friends out there this Christmas!
1. To remind yourself that yes indeed, you are a proud feminist, how about wearing something from when the Women’s Rights movement began?
Feminist Jewelry Bobby Pins at SarahWoodJewelry on Etsy Shop
2. In this age of technology, how about having Rosie telling you “You Can Do It” as you work tirelessly against the patriarchy?
Rosie the Riveter Feminist Decal on Iinky’s Etsy Shop
3. How about a tote bag that showcases your pride for feminism and your eco-friendliness too?
Look Human Feminism Definition
4. If you and your friends are running out of things to do on wine night, how about some poker with these awesomely feminist deck?!
Feminist Playing Cards at Homoground.com
5. Wine may not be my drink of choice, but coffee is! And I actually have this cup and believe you all would very much enjoy it because it can fit a lot of coffee! And wine. (They even make shirts and phone cases!)
Pro-Choice Pro-Feminism Pro-Coffee Mug at LookHuman.com
6. If you’re going to become a father, mother, grandmother, grandfather, aunt, uncle, sister, brother, godmother, godfather – well, if there is an incoming member being added into the family, we suggest this garment.
“Feminist In Training” Baby Bodysuit at VeganeseTees’ Etsy Shop
7. If you are a fan of Beyoncé and her song “Flawless” (because who isn’t?) how about this shirt? Which comes in handy because it saves you the trouble of having to explain over and over again what true feminism is.
Feminist T-Shrit at MPClothesforChange Etsy Shop
8. And for our feminist men, how about this shirt? I mean, gentlemen, please.
Men Of Quality Do Not Fear Equality on OnlyChildApparel Etsy Shop
9. Because if you love politics as much as I do, then this shirt (or sweatshirt, which I also have) will speak to you, because only 18% of elected seats of government are currently held by women.
A Woman’s Place Sweater at WickedClothes.com
10. How about some reading on the modern issues of the feminist movement?
Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay
Yes Means Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Power & A World Without Rape by Jaclyn Friedman and Jessica Valenti
11. How about flaunting art, culture, and feminism on your nails?
Nail Decals of Frida Kahlo on Chachacovers Etsy Shop
12. Last, but not least, a membership to the National Organization for Women! Because why wouldn’t you want to be part of the largest non-profit grassroot organization that defends and protects women’s rights?!
Happy holidays from everyone here at the National Organization for Women!