Being a feminist includes activism such as protesting, phone banking, and having important conversations, but it can also include sharing stories and sending a message through paintings, dance, writing, film, baking, and more! There are so many ways that we can be activists and NOW wants to know how YOU express YOUR feminism. We know there is a lot of talent in our grassroots community, so share your feminist art with us to be featured in several exciting opportunities and to inspire others in the intersectional feminist movement!
The first-ever NOW Art-a-Thon is open to NOW members and non-members alike. Participants will have their artwork featured on our Virtual Art Gallery on the NOW website, as part of our and featured on our 2022 National NOW Conference slides. One lucky participant will also win two free tickets to the 2022 National NOW Conference.
Interested in participating? Here’s what you need to know:
- Submissions to the Art-a-Thon will be accepted from June 1, 2022, through June 30, 2022.
- Submissions will only be accepted through our AirTable link here.
- Only artwork submitted through our Air-Table form will be entered into the Virtual Art Gallery, NOW Conference Slides, and have a chance to win two free tickets to the 2022 National NOW Conference.
- Submissions that National NOW deems offensive or inappropriate will not be accepted.
- The Art-a-Thon is free to participate in for both members and non-members.
- Art-a-Thon participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian’s permission to submit their art.
- The winner of the two free tickets to the 2022 National NOW Conference will be announced after the Art-a-Thon has concluded.
What are we looking for?
In short, everything! Submit digital images or videos of your inspiring poetry, hand-made pottery, needlework, fierce makeup looks, photographs, music, culinary masterpieces, flower arrangements, snapshots of your drawings or digital artwork, or anything else that helps you express your connection to intersectional feminism. We want to keep our definition of “art” as broad as possible to allow our community to truly bring themselves to the table.
What is the Virtual Art Gallery?
The Virtual Art Gallery will be a part of National NOW’s website that will house and display submissions from the Art-a-Thon. This page will launch after the Art-a-Thon has concluded and be a space for the intersectional feminist community to reflect on various interpretations of the movement, and feminism’s relevance today.
What is the 2022 National NOW Conference?
The 2022 National NOW Conference, entitled Save Our Democracy — Vote for Womxn’s Lives! The conference will take place in person from July 22, 2022, to July 24, 2022, in Chicago, Illinois. Participants in the Art-a-Thon will have their work displayed on slides shown at the conference, and one lucky winner will receive two tickets to attend the conference. Learn more here.