Action Alert – Join the March to the Ballot Box 8/6 – 8/8
The 2020 election, one of the most crucial in our nation’s history, is less than 100 days away. It is more vital than ever that we demand equal and full access to the vote. We must also vigorously defend against the voter suppression tactics that often maliciously target Black and Brown communities across this country.
NOW is proud to join Barbara R. Arnwine and the Transformative Justice Coalition for the interactive virtual national summit:
WHAT: Protecting America’s Vote: Our March to the Ballot Box
WHEN: Aug. 6th-8th, 2020.
WHERE: Register for this free virtual event here.
Note: Ahead of the official Summit, NOW Vice President Christian Nunes will participate in a TeleTown Hall on Monday, Aug. 3rd from 7:00-8:30pm Eastern to discuss voting rights and our Sisters in Suffrage campaign. Tune in on Facebook Live!
The fundamental right of the vote is in peril thanks to nefarious actions taken by states, highly-funded special interest groups and foreign entities to disenfranchise the votes and voices of Americans.
Voter suppression efforts include:
- Purges of millions of voter registrations;
- Imposition of onerous voter ID laws;
- Elimination of Souls to the Polls Sundays; and
- Political gerrymandering aimed at communities of color.
All of these issues are now heightened by the COVID-19 pandemic, which is wreaking havoc over the election system and threatens to expand disenfranchisement. This is why we are gathering for this seminal, non-partisan voting rights summit, which will include:
- Strategy sessions on best tactics to defeat voter suppression
- Workshops and sharing of skills and tools to protect voting rights
- An in-person march on Black Lives Plaza in Washington, DC – more details will be announced soon
Please join us at these exciting upcoming events! Together we can ensure that every voice is heard in November and that the forces of oppression won’t win at the ballot box.