2021 Workshop Proposals
The 2021 Conference, themed Springing Hope into Action: Amplifying NOW’s Intersectional Feminist Agenda will be held virtually on Saturday, July 24 and Sunday, July 25; Saturday, July 31 and Sunday, August 1; and on Saturday, August 7 and Sunday, August 8.
We have seen how the pandemic has revealed the vulnerabilities that communities of color endure as a result of severe socio-economic disparities. With a new progressive administration in the White House, we finally have the opportunity to pass long-desired legislative initiatives that would fundamentally improve women’s lives. NOW is placing a major emphasis on the critical importance of an intersectional feminist agenda. Through our workshop proposals we aim to identify and lift up thought leadership from our NOW community leaders.
Call for workshop proposals
Workshops are scheduled for the afternoons of July 31 and August 1 and will be one-hour in length.
What we are looking for in a workshop proposal:
- Address the intersectional nature of feminist activism
- Build interest in the major elements of a progressive feminist agenda
- Identify critical next steps for our work
- Provide examples of how these can be carried out on state and local levels
- Diverse panelists – we strongly encourage having a panelist who can address your topics through an LGBTQIA+ lens
Things to keep in mind before you start the submission process:
- This is a long form, and you can’t save it and come back later. Please have all of your information ready before you start. The selection committee will not be able to review incomplete forms.
- Every workshop must have at least two and at most four presenters.
- You may be asked to combine your workshop with another.
- Per a 2019 Resolution, workshop panels should include an LGBTQIA+ speaker or offer some content that has an LGBTQIA+ lens.
The DEADLINE to submit a workshop proposal is May 7, 2021.
We look forward to reviewing your proposals and seeing you at the National NOW Conference, 2021.