Host a campus screening of a movie depicting women who are comfortable in their own bodies. After the showing hold a panel discussion about the themes the movie raises and your ideas/opinions about them.
Need movie ideas? Check out our list of movie night suggestions
Does your campus have an obsession with diets and exercise? Does wearing designer clothes trump wearing sweats to your 8 a.m.? Do women feel like they have to submit to a certain dress code? Submit an op-ed to the campus newspaper to talk about how the Love Your Body Campaign can help women feel good as they are.
Celebrate Love Your Body Day!
Celebrate with the arts!
- Perform or host a reading of a play with a positive message about women’s bodies like “The Vagina Monologues” and “The Good Body”.
- Make a campus-wide art project by having students take a photo or draw a picture of their favorite body part and hang the completed project in a well-trafficked area on campus.
- Organize a dance showcase by having campus cultural groups present traditional dances or host a dance-a-thon!
- Make a short movie by interviewing people around campus about why they love their body and share it on social media.
- Make T-shirts about positive body image and wear them around campus.
Other ways to celebrate LYB:
- Display Love Your Body posters on campus.
- Organize a rally with music, food, and information.
Host a forum on women’s health issues with student health physicians or local doctors to talk about what good health means for women. Propose a class discussion on stereotypes and how they impact women’s lives and show the NOW foundations Sex, Stereotypes, and Beauty. Hold a panel discussion with professors, activists, and community leaders to speak on a variety of issues. Get your fellow organizations involved to bring different voices and help widen your audience.