July 1, 2021 Media Contact: email@example.com
SAVE THE DATE – 2021 National NOW Virtual Conference, Springing Hope into Action: Amplifying NOW’s Intersectional Feminist Agenda
July 24-25, July 31-August 1, August 7-8
Washington, D.C. – The National Organization for Women (NOW) is proud to announce its 2021 Annual Conference, “Springing Hope into Action: Amplifying NOW’s Intersectional Feminist Agenda,” held virtually over the course of three weekends this summer. This year’s conference will be full of action and bring together a diverse group of feminist activists from all walks of life. Our remarkable speakers will offer insights into how we can strengthen democracy and build a feminist future.
The event will include officer elections, review by-law changes, and introduce resolutions. NOW members can also participate in educational workshops, inspiring plenary sessions, and network in district caucuses. As we celebrate fifty-five years of feminist disruption, electing leaders, and making change, this gathering of intersectional feminists will reinvigorate our grassroots movement that has accomplished so much.
When: Saturday, July 24 and Sunday, July 25;
Saturday, July 31 and Sunday, August 1;
Saturday, August 7 and Sunday, August 8
Where: Virtual event – register here
- Keynote Speaker Sen. Benjamin Cardin (D-Maryland)
- Keynote Speaker Rep. Barbara Lee (D-California), Co-chair of the Congressional Pro-Choice Caucus
- Muriel Fox, Co-founder of NOW, Recipient of NOW’s Lifetime Achievement Award
- Christian Nunes, President of National NOW
- Julie Suk, Professor at Yale University Law
- Kimberlé Crenshaw, Professor at the UCLA School of Law and Columbia Law School
- Sonia Pressman Fuentes, Co-founder of NOW and Recipient of Lifetime Achievement Award
- Bear Atwood, Vice President of National NOW
- Mara Keisling, Founder & Executive Director of the National Center for Transgender Rights
- Jamie L. Manson, President of Catholics for Choice
- Keynote Speaker Rep. Grace Meng (D-New York)
- Rep. Park Cannon (D-Georgia)
- Hon. Rosemary Ketchum, City Council, Ward 3, West Virginia
- Anjali Mehrotra, President of NOW New Jersey and National NOW Board member
- Heather Booth, Civil Rights Activist and longtime NOW member
- Penny Venetis, Dickinson R Debevoise Scholar at Rutgers Law School
- Virginia Kase-Solomon, CEO, League of Women Voters
- Alan Minsky, Executive Director of Progressive Democrats of America
Additional speakers to be announced.
Media: If you are interested in attending or connecting to any of our speakers/panelists, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.