Let’s Protect Roe Together
Let’s sound the alarm. Let’s mobilize. Let’s make it clear to anti-choice extremists that we will not stand by as they attempt to control our bodies.
The Supreme Court (SCOTUS) has allowed a draconian anti-abortion bill (S.B 8) to take effect in Texas, laying the groundwork for other states to do the same. This bill is unconstitutional and now the most extreme ban on abortion in the country – we must uphold the precedent of Roe v. Wade and protect the right to reproductive healthcare, including access to abortion.
Join us by taking action this week, month and all year round. Find below an action checklist of ideas, resources, tips, and templates to get you and your community engaged in our fight to protect Roe.
TAKE ACTION ChecklistMARCH WITH US ON OCTOBER 2nd at Rally for Abortion Justice PROTEST/RALLY IN YOUR CITY – here is a checklist to help you get started or find a march near you SHAREON SOCIAL – use our digital toolkit SUPPORTLEGISLATION – NOW supports the following national initiatives and urges its members to contact their members of Congress to be in support of them as well:
- Congress must pass the Women’s Health Protection Act (WHPA)
- Congress must support the Build Back Better agenda as it includes historic Momnibus investments to save moms’ lives, end racial and ethnic maternal health disparities, and advance birth equity across the United States
- Federal and state governments must lift restrictions to allow for access to medication abortion via telehealth services
- Congress must repeal the Hyde and Helms Amendments
- Congress must end the Global Gag Rule permanently
- Congress must increase Title X funding to better meet the need for family planning and other preventive care services to low-income, uninsured, and under-insured individuals and families
- Congress must expand coverage for contraception under the Affordable Care Act and increase funding for the Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program.
- Congress must end federal funding for non-science-based abstinence-only until marriage programs.
- Join our RUN NOW program to learn more about working for a campaign
- To find your local clinics, visit the websites for the National Abortion Federation and Abortion Care Network, both of which have maps that will show you all the abortion-providing clinics in each state. Then, once you’ve decided on a place or two where you’d like to volunteer, reach out to the clinics to inquire about their needs.
- Action Alert – Urge Congress to Vote Yes on the Women’s Health Protection Act
- 9.8.21 Weekly Message – Texas, Abortion Rights and What’s Next
- Press Statement – Overturn Texas’ Vigilante Abortion Law NOW
- Guttmacher Institute
- NARAL State by State Fact Sheets
- WHPA Fact Sheet