The National Organization for Women (NOW) is the largest grassroots organization of feminist activists in the United States. NOW has hundreds of thousands of contributing supporters and members in chapters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Since its founding in 1966, NOW’s purpose is to take action through intersectional grassroots activism to promote feminist ideals, lead societal change, eliminate discrimination, and achieve and protect the equal rights of all women and girls in all aspects of social, political, and economic life.
Each semester NOW interns participate in a wide range of activities that provide them with the tools and knowledge to become activist leaders, such as:
- Frequent opportunities to organize and attend Congressional and U.S. Supreme Court hearings, press conferences, demonstrations, and rallies
- Writing blog posts about current feminist and social justice issues
- Attending NOW 101s: workshops with staff focusing on feminist issues and professional development
- Engaging with NOW’s grassroots members
- *Summer interns attend and staff NOW’s the annual conference
DutiesAccounting Interns will learn the ins and outs of nonprofit funds and monetary responsibilities in this environment by working directly with the Senior Accounting Manager.
- Assist in daily and weekly accounting procedures.
- Assist the Sr. Accountant with incoming and outgoing mail.
- Help prepare monthly receipts for credit card statements.
- Help to prepare monthly rebate checks for NOW chapters.
- Support the Senior Accountant and finance office on any additional projects as needed.