NOW is dedicated to intersectional grassroots activism to lead societal change, promote feminist ideals and eliminate discrimination. The organization’s advocacy for women’s equality encompasses six core issues:
- reproductive rights and justice
- ending racism and achieving racial justice
- winning civil and human rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and asexual (LGBTQIA+) people
- ending violence against women
- securing economic justice for all women
- amending the U.S. Constitution to include women’s equality.
DutiesWe are looking for a reliable and independently motivated Financial Manager that will analyze our organization’s financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to the executive management on future financial plans for organizational sustainability and growth. The Financial Manager will assist the CFO and executive team in making sound business decisions to ensure we meet the company’s vision and objectives.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and yearly budget and forecast trend reports for delivery to executive management.
- Coordinate staff audit schedules and establish timelines for completion of achievable project goals
- Review financial reports, monitoring accounts, and preparing reports and financial forecasts
- Investigate ways to improve profitability, and analyze markets for business opportunities, such as expansion, mergers or acquisitions.
- Negotiate business contracts
- Maintain compliance to state and federal law, regulations or company policies and procedures
- Coordinate with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and presenting future paths to be taken to the executive committee
- 15+ years of managing business accounts, acquisitions, and contracts.
- Strong math, communication, business analysis skills
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general nonprofit market patterns
- Proficient user of Microsoft software,
- Sufficient experience in nonprofit accounting practices
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to lead executive team to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, or business