Application Deadline: Immediate placement
NOW is dedicated to intersectional grassroots activism to lead societal change, promote feminist ideals, and eliminate discrimination. The organization’s advocacy for women’s equality encompasses six core issues:
- Reproductive rights and justice
- Ending racism and achieving racial justice
- Winning civil and human rights for LGBTQIA+ people
- Ending violence against women
- Securing economic justice for all women
- Amending the U.S. Constitution to include women’s equality
The National Organization for Women has an immediate open position for a Digital Media Associate to bolster and grow our messaging impact across digital media. The ideal candidate can convert ideas seamlessly into images, layouts, and graphics for digital/social media use. The candidate should understand how marketing campaigns work, especially in the digital space. A Digital Portfolio is required and will be reviewed. Looking for original design work in multimedia examples.
- The position is contracted 1099 to possible hire
- The position is in the DC office and is currently a hybrid-work environment. Mobility within DC is a must. Occasional off-site, evening, and weekend hours.
A demonstrated commitment to intersectional feminism is preferred and NOW members take priority review.
- Ability to craft original high-quality impactful graphics for promoting NOW’s six core issues for use in event and program campaigns, informational pieces, invitations, signs, fliers, brochures, newsletters, etc.
- Edit and update the website
- Ability to take high-quality photos
- Video creation and editing
- 2-3 years of hands-on business or nonprofit experience
- WordPress (Preferred knowledge)
- EveryAction (Preferred knowledge – not mandatory)
- Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Additional knowledge: Premiere Pro, and Canva
- TikTok experience as a creator (Preferred knowledge – not mandatory)
- Excellent at time management
- Attention to grammar and spelling
Salary: Contracted 1099