The National Organization for Women (NOW) seeks a full-time, Graphic & Multi-Media Associate. This role is based in NOW’s Washington, D.C. office. This position requires occasional weekend, evening and early morning hours.
NOW is dedicated to intersectional grassroots activism to lead societal change, promote feminist ideals and eliminate discrimination. The organization’s advocacy for women’s equality encompasses six core issues:
- reproductive rights and justice
- ending racism and achieving racial justice
- winning civil and human rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and asexual (LGBTQIA) people
- ending violence against women
- securing economic justice for all women
- amending the U.S. Constitution to include women’s equality.
- Strategize with our staff on upcoming campaigns and initiatives
- Keep abreast of developments in the communications sector that could foster greater, more efficient dissemination of NOW's message
- Attend staff meetings, reporting out accomplishments and social media growth
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Craft original branded graphics with high-impact messaging and effective marketing campaigns (on the website, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook) for promoting the organization's work, values, principles
- Oversee the use of logos and other marketing assets to guarantee the consistency of NOW’s brand and identity through all programs
- Write, create, and edit engaging social media content
- Take quality photos and video on and off site
- Produce high quality graphics
- Occasionally provide off-hour coverage and content to ensure steady activity on critical social media platforms.
- Manage our on-site production tech including short videos, webinars, Facebook Live, etc.
- Edit and post video as needed
- Backup CRM Support
- Use Wordpress to update website
- Coordinate the design of materials and informational items, invitations, signs, fliers, brochures, newsletters, etc.
- Demonstrated commitment to intersectional feminism
- 3-5 years graphic arts/marketing/social media experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of graphic design, communications, marketing, media relations and social media
- Experience with Adobe Apps, Premiere Pro, Canva, Facebook Live, Wordpress
- Ability to create original branded graphics
- Comfortable with DSLR cameras, organizing groups for photos, action photography, etc.
- Experience editing video, including captions, transitions, soundtrack
- Experience with CRMs desired
- Demonstrated collaboration skills
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Time management a must
- NOW members preferred, but not mandatory