NOW Wants to Highlight Your Chapter!
Attention chapter activists:
The NOW Action Center wants to know about the chapter actions taking place across the country. We want to get the word out about your protests, fundraisers, educational programs and other events.
If you send us a description of your action and photos, we may be able to highlight it on the NOW website or in the National NOW Times.
Guidelines for submissions:
- Write a brief, approximately three paragraph synopsis. Keep it to the who, what, when, where and why. If possible, include a direct quote from a chapter leader about the success of the action and/or why it was so important. Direct quotes from your press statements, speeches or hand-outs are fine.
- Please send your submission as SOON after the event as possible!
- If you prefer, you can send your press release and/or any local press coverage you received about the action, and the NOW Action Center staff will write a summary. You can either mail us a paper clipping or email us the link, if it appears online.
- Send photos! The best pictures show as many people as possible, in motion. If the event was a press conference, photos of chapter leaders at the podium are fine. Please indicate the name of the photographer, and identify as many people in the picture as possible. We prefer pictures taken by activists to avoid reprint costs, but if a local paper printed an excellent photo from your action, send us the picture with the newspaper's name, city and date of publication, with page number (or email us the link, if it appears online), and we will determine if the reprint cost is within our budget.
- Picture quality: If you are submitting an electronic photo, please make sure it is a high resolution file -- anything less than 100k in size will not reproduce well. Set your digital camera to take photos at 2048 x 1536 -- this should produce photos that are high enough quality for printing but not so large that they are cumbersome to email and store. If scanning a hard copy photo, please scan it at 300 dpi. If you post your photos on Facebook, send us a link to that album.
- Note: NOW reserves the right to crop any photo. This may be necessary for space reasons, particularly in print.
- Please do NOT send NEGATIVES. Please do NOT send your ONLY COPIES of photos. We cannot guarantee that photos will be returned, but we will make every effort if you clearly request their return.
It is a big boost for many chapters when activists see their action online or in the National NOW Times. If you are a state president, please encourage your chapters to always take a camera to an action, to routinely send to national a brief summary as immediate follow-up on any action, and to send us copies of (or links to) their press clippings. Please be advised that we may not be able to feature all chapter actions, but we will do our best.
As always, we appreciate all that you do and are happy to recognize your efforts on a national platform. Thank you for helping us keep NOW members and others informed about the hard work and grassroots organizing we are doing for women's rights across the country.
National Organization for Women
Attention: Communications Team
1100 H Street, 3rd Floor
Washington, D.C. 20005
Or e-mail: email@example.com
NOW Home Page / Join
NOW / Catalog /
mail to NOW