Happy Valentines Day!
National Organization for Women

Search:

Sign up:

to choose from our lists

Bookmark and Share Share/Save    email thisSend   printable versionPrint      Shop Amazon

Happy Valentine's Day!

Whether single or in a relationship, Valentine's Day and every day is the right day to love yourself.

heart Love Your Body Quiz

Take Action NOW! Join the fight against negative self-image promoted by mainstream media. Take our Valentine's Day Love Your Body quiz and spread the love by forwarding it on to other women for Valentine's Day, and always - LOVE YOUR BODY! Don't forget to add the quiz to your own web pages!

Spreading the love does not stop there. Developing a healthier body image for women and girls takes both creative proactive and counter actions as well as consumer education. Here are some additional ways to take back control of what makes us feel healthy and comfortable with our bodies based on our own terms - not the unrealistic images promoted by advertisers and the mass media.

heartSend an E-Card for Valentine's Day or any day! Send a Valentine to show your friends and family how much you love them, or choose a card that passes along our Love Your Body quiz and reminds them to love their bodies too. Pick one or more!

heartWatch the Love Your Body Slideshow! This presentation by NOW Foundation's Love Your Body Campaign illustrates and describes how advertisers and the media enforce unrealistic beauty standards, sexual ideals and gender stereotypes that girls and women are expected to follow. Learn the real impact of these images on the health and well-being of women and girls and what you can do about it.

Embrace Yourself -- a Love Your Body poster winner and postcard

heart Order Love Your Body Postcards Love your body. Love these postcards! We created these postcards using many of the iconic images and messages from our best-selling 2007 Love Your Body calendar. Whether you frame them, share them, or mail them to a friend, these beautiful postcards emphasize an important message for all women and girls: Love your body!

heartEnter the Love Your Body Poster Contest! The National Organization for Women Foundation is holding our annual poster contest to celebrate the Love Your Body Campaign! The grand prize winning entry will be used as part of our national crusade to challenge the media's use of violent, drug-addicted, starved, and surgically-enhanced images of women while fighting industries that profit from women's dissatisfaction with their bodies.

heartFor a young woman in your life, buy Body Drama: Real Girls, Real Bodies, Real Issues, Real Answers through NOW's amazon.com store. From fashion magazines to taboo websites, curious young women have access to tons of misinformation about the female body. Teaming up with adolescent health physician Dr. Angela Diaz, Harvard graduate and former Miss Virginia Nancy Redd's book offers informative fast facts, FYIs, how-tos, moving personal anecdotes, and un-retouched photographs dealing with the female body.

SUPPORT NOW:
Support NOW's Work for Equal Rights | Join NOW | Monthly Giving | Catalog | Shop Amazon

TAKE ACTION:
Get Involved | Find Your Nearest Chapter | Tell a Friend | Learn More

LISTS:
Unsubscribe, Edit Profile | Subscribe | All Lists

NOW Action List archives | Sign up for the NOW Action List | RSS feed

Bookmark and Share Share/Save    email thisSend   printable versionPrint

give to NOW

NOW websites

Say It, Sister! Blog

NOW Foundation

NOW PACs

NOW on Campus

stay informed

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Google+ NOW's Flickr Photostream NOW's YouTube Channel
Support NOW with your purchase of print-to-order NOW products! Visit our store
shop amazon
amazon.com Support NOW by shopping at Amazon.com!

Actions | Join - Donate | Chapters | Members | Issues | Privacy | RSSRSS | Links | Home

© 1995-2012 National Organization for Women, All Rights Reserved. Permission granted for non-commercial use.