Location:National NOW Action Center, 1100 H Street NW, Suite 300, Washington, D.C. (one block from Metro Center). This is an in-house, full-time position in our Washington, D.C., office so candidates should be local or willing to relocate to the D.C. area.
Application Deadline: Open-ended
NOW is dedicated to intersectional grassroots activism to lead societal change, promote feminist ideals and eliminate discrimination. The organization’s advocacy for women’s equality encompasses six core issues:
- reproductive rights and justice
- ending racism and achieving racial justice
- winning civil and human rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and asexual (LGBTQIA) people
- ending violence against women
- securing economic justice for all women
- amending the U.S. Constitution to include women’s equality.
- Coordinate political and electoral activities of the National Organization for Women and the National Organization for Women PAC.
- Research electoral opportunities for feminists, conduct candidate screening meetings, analyze candidates’ records and positions, and vet grassroots recommendations to determine whether to recommend candidate endorsement.
- Coordinate all communication with PAC members and implementation of their decisions, including endorsement letters, check procurement, and coordination with state affiliates about press releases.
- Manage and post on the PAC website and social media, effectively promoting NOW’s political action plan.
- Coordinate all PAC fundraising including events at NOW’s National Conference and by working with fundraising vendors to develop political and strategic messaging.
- Responsible for all legal and financial compliance of PAC and political activities including filing FEC reports, production of Best Efforts letters, and all requirements related to expenditures, and contributions.
- Attend candidate fundraisers.
- Travel to targeted districts for primary and/or general campaign work.
- Conduct political training sessions and webinars for grassroots leaders with occasional travel to targeted states for training activists.
- Liaison between political activity of grassroots subunits and the National Action Center including advice about permissible political activities, best practices and legal restrictions.
- Coordination of NOW, Inc. and NOW PAC grants to NOW subunits for political activity.
- Coordinate political workshops and panels at the NOW’s National Conference. Develop and present workshops and panels at chapter and state meetings.
- Represent NOW PAC at coalition meetings.
- Coordinate NOW PAC activities at and attend the Democratic National Convention.
- Report to the NOW Board including national political analysis.
- Supervise 1-2 interns.
- 10 years of electoral campaign, political action committee, or related experience
- Extensive political experience with campaign and campaign compliance including familiarity with IRS and FEC requirements relevant to political activity
- Expertise in the allowed political activities of different types of organizations (501c3, 501c4, PAC)
- Leadership and activism within the National Organization for Women
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner
- Proficiency in FECfile, Google Drive and Microsoft Office
- Passion for women's rights and intersectional feminism and the ability of electoral work to affect societal change.
- Ability to work well with diverse individuals across age, race, socio-economic, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other lines